Thursday, June 7, 2012

Product Review Sweet & Smoky Rub

      As it happens to all people i was once again feeling uninspired (and real lazy) earlier this week when it came to doing some stakes on the grill. I was in what seems like my second home WalMart aimlessly following my wife through the isles with the basket, when I came upon a grilling display. They had several different marinades and rubs at this display but none of them were gripping me and I was about to move on again with that blank stare (you know the one I'm talking about) when a lady came over and put a rub back that had been missing.



http://www.amazon.com/Shenzhen-Knives-Series-Ceramic-Knife/dp/B001976YQM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1340486213&sr=8-3&keywords=knives+ceramic

It was McCormick Grill mates Sweet & Smoky Rub. Now I take notice when things are sold out or missing especial at stores where food is sold , it usually means it's good. So after a brief thinking period (very brief) I decided to try it. The rub is sweet and smoky as the label says I usually use a smoky marinade so this when well on the stakes. There is enough Chipotle and Black Pepper to give it a good kick. I believe that this rub would go well with both Chicken and Beef. I do however wish that it used a little less salt. If you have high blood pressure I would definitely steer clear of this rub. I would give it 4 out of 5 forks, a good buy if I say so myself. Until next time...


Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease.

DJ
(aka: The Noodle Ninja)

2 comments:

  1. That stuff us awesome! They also make an Applewood rub that is hard to find in my area. Probably because it is so delicious. Give it a shot next time your at the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just bought that Applewood Rub, looking forward to trying it this weekend.

      Delete